A BUD WAITING TO BLOSSOM

 There are times when we as parents see a spark of ourselves in our kids and it's that priceless moment when you feel every sacrifice you made as worthy.

This poem is a reflection of such a moment in my life.



A glittering star you are beginning to shine.

Amidst clouds of such uncertainty.

But your innocence and charm have lit every dark gloom.

Had never imagined my baby had grown.

Like a tiny bud, you are blossoming 

Ready to enchant the world around you with your fragrance

There is still time for you to leave my nest.

It seems a lie I am trying to convince.

Rather than protecting you from the fall, it's time to teach you to soar high above all.

My dearest daughter seeing a fragment of me in you has left me speechless and in total awe.


Those dreams of leaving an impact and making your own identity.

It seems I am discovering myself, dreaming once again with you.

But this I would promise me and you, ill walk you through every obstacle.

And make sure you just don’t dream like me but watch them become true.

 


Comments

Laxman Pedada said…
Loved it !! Very emotional lines .
Unknown said…
Heart touching poem๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Unknown said…
Wow.... MashAllah very very nice๐Ÿ‘Œ . Very emotional feeling between mother and daughter..๐Ÿ˜Š